Persons who do not need a visa in order to enter Switzerland can only apply for a student permit (permis B pour études) from local authorities. The office in charge of delivering permits is the Office Cantonal de la Population et des Migrations (Service Étrangers et Confédérés). We will provide you with a certificate of enrolment in the school, which is needed to include with your documents.
Here are the documents and information you have to hand over to the 'Office Cantonal de la Population et des Migrations' in order to obtain the examination of your request for a student permit:
- The 'P' form and depending on the nationality also 'E' or 'O' forms fully completed
- Certificate of enrolment in the school
- Fully complete curriculum vitae as well as a motivation letter
- Study plan (including the topics, the weekly number of hours, the total length of studies, etc)
- Written commitment to leave Switzerland
- Proof of financial means
- Copy of the renting contract or written attestation from the landlord
- Internship or paid employment in view
- Copy of passport
- 2 photos passport size
If you need help to fill out the forms or if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us.